Security Systems Technician
Website ArchKey Technologies
ArchKey Technologies, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America’s largest providers of technology systems. ArchKey Technologies is a new brand name rooted with nearly a century of experience and history. Comprised of the technologies’ capabilities and team members from ArchKey Solutions’ platform companies – Sachs Electric, Parsons Electric, Sprig Electric and Mona Electric. Based in Plymouth, MN, ArchKey Technologies MN scales to new heights, delivering audio visual, security, public safety, network and wireless solutions all across the U.S.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed within our organization.
The culture at ArchKey Technologies is built around empowerment and our shared core values – Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say – and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there’s always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with ArchKey Technologies begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our cultures.
Join a team that’s breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a motivated Security Systems Technician to join our Fargo, North Dakota team. The Security Systems Technician is responsible to install, maintain and repair security and camera systems and related systems equipment. This position follows electrical designs, layouts and building plans to ensure safe and accurate electrical components, equipment and systems are installed according to specifications and in compliance with appropriate codes and regulations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs systems installation from inception to completion to meet customer needs and ensure compliance with best industry practices and Company guidelines, building codes and legal requirements.
- Inspects installation sites and studies work orders, building plans, installation drawings and manuals, systems schematics and other systems and/or project documentation.
- Determines appropriate materials, equipment and tools needed for jobs.
- Plans work procedures and orders materials, supplies, equipment and tools needed. Collaborates with other team members to ensure coordination of project activities.
- Mounts and fastens control panels, door and window contacts, sensors or video cameras and attaches electrical and telephone wiring to accurately connect the components as required.
- Installs electrical components, equipment and/or systems using hand tools, power tools or other installation equipment.
- Tests and maintains circuits and sensors, following wiring and systems specifications, current industry and Company standards. Examines and tests electrical circuits or components for proper functioning. Makes repairs or adjustments as needed.
- Documents operational activities as needed. Prepares documents such as invoices or warranties as required.
- Provides frequent communication, troubleshooting and technical support or problem-resolution consulting on systems issues. Collaborates with project managers and cross-functional department members to diagnose problems and create solutions whenever needed. Maintains accurate documentation of all significant plans, resolutions and changes.
- processes and activities. Educates others on LEAN approaches.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
- Ability to travel frequently to multiple work sites is required.
- Education: Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, technology, electrical engineering or a related field. JATC apprenticeship program graduate.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of industry experience with the installation and trim out of systems related to camera systems, card access systems, and infrastructure wiring.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Experience and high level of aptitude with systems and technologies. Solid understanding of computing, access control systems and physical security systems components.
- Project management training, skills and experience. Thorough understanding of the project life cycle.
- Knowledge and proficiency with electronics and electronic systems, systems design techniques, technical support and systems documentation, standards, procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with construction and general industry safety standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a dynamic technology office while directly contributing to the success of others.
- Experience with LEAN methodologies and applications. Strong process orientation.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration, teamwork, customer focus and decision-making skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and detail orientation.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
- Effective independent problem solving, time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills. Strong telephone communication skills and documentation skills.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software applications.
This is a Full-Time Union position that offers an industry leading wage and benefit package according to scale. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
ArchKey Technologies offers an excellent salary and discretionary compensation program comprised of annual bonus with an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k) retirement plan, flex spending plan, and educational reimbursement benefits.
For more information about us, please visit www.pecsolutions.com
Please apply online or send resume to:
PEC Solutions, LLC
5960 Main Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55432
PEC Solutions, LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.