Director of Wireless Services
Website ArchKey Technologies
ArchKey Technologies, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America’s largest providers of technology systems. ArchKey Technologies is a new brand name rooted with nearly a century of experience and history. Comprised of the technologies’ capabilities and team members from ArchKey Solutions’ platform companies – Sachs Electric, Parsons Electric, Sprig Electric and Mona Electric. Based in Plymouth, MN, ArchKey Technologies MN scales to new heights, delivering audio visual, security, public safety, network and wireless solutions all across the U.S.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed without our organization.
The culture at ArchKey Technologies is built around empowerment and our shared core values – Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say – and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there’s always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with ArchKey Technologies begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our cultures.
Join a team that’s breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
Responsible to plan, lead and direct the vision, strategy, performance, production, quality of work for the platform to ensure it meets the expectations of the Company and its clients, in alignment with all Company policies, procedures, key objectives and regulations. This position develops appropriate training and development programs to facilitate individual and team growth.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participates in strategic planning and business development activities for the platform. Provides day-to-day leadership to the Wireless Solutions discipline, scope, and teams for the platform.
- Benchmarks with other business leaders to ensure consistent and best practice work standards, strategic goals and objectives, training and policies and procedures are created and maintained for operations management.
- Works closely with ArchKey Technologies business leaders and others to ensure all project job specifications, quality standards and procedures are understood and adhered to. Reviews pre-planning, programming, commissioning and training tasks as appropriate.
- Monitors and projects required labor resources to ensure adequate staffing during high and low workloads. Prioritizes workloads and schedules based on strategic relationships across the platform.
- Develops and implements standardized technical project documentation as needed and verifies or tests systems quality and monitors customer satisfaction.
- Identifies current and potential technologies and products which require training and certification.
- Assesses project issues and risks, and teams with others to creatively solve problems related to systems and other project-related issues.
- Manages and reviews estimates and training tasks as appropriate for strategic platform opportunities.
- Establishes, trains, and maintains estimating and preconstruction policies and processes.
- Identifies risk issues and their order of magnitude.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and manages financials related to assigned operations.
- Creates and maintains positive customer, client, consultant, vendor and community relationships.
- Provides high quality hiring, mentoring, training, communications and teambuilding to staff and other co-workers as needed. Coaches employees and provides performance feedback and evaluations regularly.
- Works with product manufacturers to maintain relationships, negotiate quotas and strategic relationships for the platform.
- Works to develop platform efficiencies and to align standards and deliverables.
- Provides technical communication and updates to all of ArchKey Technologies employees.
- Implements LEAN concepts and methodologies for continuous improvement of operations processes and activities. Educates others on LEAN approaches.
- Maintains confidentiality of pricing information and negotiation related to tools, equipment and project details.
- Stays informed of new materials, technologies, techniques and practices.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the Company and works creatively to best support the Company’s long-term goals. Champions and models the Company culture at all times.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
See differentiator requirements grid for specialty qualification details.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in business, technologies construction, electrical or building construction or a related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of construction experience in operations leadership with a preferred concentration in commercial construction projects and service work.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing people.
- Experience with computerized estimating systems, preferably Accubid.
- Experience in the planning, design, programming, testing, commissioning, training and servicing systems. Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and job site safety requirements.
- Experience and skills in establishing budgets and working with external vendors to negotiate purchases.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices. Skills to read, interpret and understand telecommunications and/or electrical contracts, plans, drawings and specifications, and financial reports and documents.
- Extensive skills and experience in project management. Thorough understanding of the project life cycle.
- In-depth training and work experience with LEAN methodologies and applications. Strong process orientation.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a dynamic technology office while directly contributing to the success of others.
- Superior listening, presentation, negotiation, conflict management, relationship-building and persuasion skills, as well as the ability to influence employees at all levels, including senior management.
- Strong teamwork, coaching and mentoring skills. Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills and detail orientation, as well as to drive timely and appropriate solutions across all business lines with self-initiative and sensitivity.
- Strong and professional hiring, collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with and facilitate diverse work teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including high quality documentation and report preparation. Strong telephone communication skills.
- High level of diplomacy, integrity and leadership in employee engagement.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Conceptual ability to work with minimum amount of information and quickly develop an understanding of the customer requirements.
- Ability to manage workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Education and Experience
- LEAN Certification.
- OSHA Certification.
PEC Solutions LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.