Traveling Project Manager
Website ArchKey Technologies
ArchKey Technologies, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America’s largest providers of technology systems. ArchKey Technologies is a new brand name rooted with nearly a century of experience and history. Comprised of the technologies’ capabilities and team members from ArchKey Solutions’ platform companies – Sachs Electric, Parsons Electric, Sprig Electric and Mona Electric. Based in Plymouth, MN, ArchKey Technologies MN scales to new heights, delivering audio visual, security, public safety, network and wireless solutions all across the U.S.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed within our organization.
The culture at ArchKey Technologies is built around empowerment and our shared core values – Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say – and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there’s always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with ArchKey Technologies begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our cultures.
Join a team that’s breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a motivated Traveling Project Manager to join our growing organization in our Plymouth Office. The Travelling Project Manager is responsible to assist and manage job estimating, project budgets, projections and contracts, job solicitation and project negotiations, and may also be responsible for training, mentoring and providing work direction to other project team members. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs all phases and activities of each project to achieve high quality and productivity in the work performed. This includes project quotations, bidding, budgeting, monitoring projections, scheduling testing procedures and establishing goals and standards of performance. Ensures all jobs or contracts are fulfilled to the customer’s satisfaction and the Company has earned a fair profit.
- Plans, implements, independently manages and maintains all project activities to optimize efficiency of labor, materials, supplies, equipment and tools. Ensures all plans and specifications clearly and accurately identify project scope and milestones and are shared professionally with the appropriate parties.
- Prepares and manages timely and accurate project documents, estimates, projections, material release schedules, client information, project schedules, purchase orders, monthly invoices, payments, closeout documents, warranties, drawings, maintenance manuals, final billings, change orders, cost codes and other documentation to support construction project work.
- Documents Methods of Procedures (MOPs), prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications.
- Procures materials in a proactive and coordinated manner, working with the purchasing team to reduce the risk of material price fluctuations. Negotiates with vendors and distributors on availability and pricing of materials, completion of quotes and other necessary procedure details. Ensures all plans are maintained in the appropriate systems.
- Secures subcontractors utilizing standard subcontract agreements binding them to terms similar to Company contract requirements, thereby assigning the appropriate risk. Obtains permits as needed.
- Holds job start up meetings with field operations leaders and others to transfer documentation, schedules and other information. Regularly attends project update meetings to stay current on job scope, schedules, administrative needs and market conditions.
- Ensures all field personnel have the current materials, tools, plans, schedules and directions needed for their work, and that all changes in budget and scope of work are communicated appropriately. Establishes clearly defined duties and objectives to achieve required test results.
- Provides day-to-day direction to project foreman and/or superintendent as needed to monitor productivity goals and build teamwork. Partners with project foreman to conduct jobsite inspections and assure accurate scope, placement and conformance with the contract documents and the Company’s project quality assurance standards.
- Conducts regular job site safety audits and identifies potential safety risks. Ensures all government and Company policies, procedures and compliance requirements relating to OSHA and environmental, safety and health are strictly adhered to and enforced.
- Maintains submittal logs and assures that all submittals are received, reviewed, returned and disseminated to the appropriate parties in a timely manner. Ensures submittals are thoroughly and accurately reviewed for content and conformance with the construction documents.
- Partners with foreman and all project team members to maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of record drawings, project logs (including drawings and specification logs), RFIs, ASIs, change orders, inspections and testing, manuals, project commissioning and closeout activities.
- Provides frequent management and problem resolution consulting on issues ranging from misunderstandings, interpretations, conflicts, errors and personnel matters. Collaborates with other leaders and cross-functional departments to create solutions whenever needed. Maintains accurate documentation of all significant plans, resolutions and changes. Ensures all project and department milestones, procedures and goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Provides ongoing quality reviews and project communication with owners, contractors, designers, subcontractors, engineers, architects, field staff and other customers or stakeholders, addressing and resolving issues when needed.
- Anticipates changes and events that may impact construction project schedules, budgets or materials/service quality. Effectively coordinates and communicates these things to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Provides high quality hiring, coaching, training, communications, mentoring and teambuilding to staff and other co-workers as needed. Provides performance feedback regularly. Addresses people issues as they arise and involves the necessary resources to resolve problems.
- Stays informed of new electrical and safety codes, materials, technologies, techniques and practices.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, foremen, project team, specialty contractors, vendors, suppliers, user groups and others that reflect and support the Company’s core values and meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Implements LEAN concepts and methodologies for continuous improvement of design processes and activities. Educates others on LEAN approaches.
- Accurately and confidentially maintains Company records and other sensitive business and customer data.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the Company and works creatively to best support the Company’s long-term goals. Champions and models the Company culture at all times.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Construction Management or related field; or five plus (5+) years of related experience. Or any similar combination of education and experience.
Successful Candidates will possess:
- Ability to travel to multiple jobsites.
- Knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating preferred.
- The ability to read, interpret and understand electrical contracts, plans, blueprints and specifications preferred.
- Proficient in the use of standard office computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- The ability to communicate with other employees in English sufficiently to understand and be easily understood.
- The ability to foresee events and anticipate changes in conditions and operations to the greatest extent possible and reacts to these appropriately is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
ArchKey Technologies offers an excellent salary and discretionary compensation program comprised of annual bonus with an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k) retirement plan, flex spending plan, and educational reimbursement benefits.
For more information about us, please visit www.pecsolutions.com
Please apply online or send resume to:
PEC Solutions, LLC
5960 Main Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55432
PEC Solutions, LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities