Physical Security Design Engineer
Website ArchKey Technologies
ArchKey Technologies, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America’s largest providers of technology systems. ArchKey Technologies is a new brand name rooted with nearly a century of experience and history. Comprised of the technologies’ capabilities and team members from ArchKey Solutions’ platform companies – Sachs Electric, Parsons Electric, Sprig Electric and Mona Electric. Based in Plymouth, MN, ArchKey Technologies MN scales to new heights, delivering audio visual, security, public safety, network and wireless solutions all across the U.S.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed within our organization.
The culture at ArchKey Technologies is built around empowerment and our shared core values – Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say – and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there’s always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with ArchKey Technologies begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our cultures.
Join a team that’s breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
The basic responsibilities of the Security Systems Design Engineer include but not limited to the following:
- Design physical security systems to meet customer needs according to best industry practice and company guidelines while complying with all applicable building codes and laws
- Determine material quantities in the amounts needed to complete projects for bid
- Develop and create systems documentation, including pre-sale systems drawings, systems installation drawings, and other systems documentation
- Plan, coordinate, and perform programming for access control, video management, integrated intercom, and other integrated components to meet customer and system operational needs
- Ensure that physical security systems are being installed, programmed, tested, and commissioned according to current industry and company standards
- Thoroughly test and commission access control and video management system components to ensure optimal system performance
- Create systems’ testing and commissioning reports
- Develop and perform effective owner training sessions
- Troubleshoot and resolve access control, video management, integrated intercom, and other integrated systems issues
- Ability to travel to job sites and work out of town for short durations
- Provide technical support and remote assistance to customers as required
Education: Associate Degree or relevant degree preferred. Minimum of two (2) consecutive years’ experience with the design and implementation of installed physical security systems strongly preferred or four (4) conservative years working as a user of physical security platform.
Experience: Basic understanding of computing, physical security systems’ software, storage, data networking, SQL databases, and physical security systems components strongly preferred.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Manufacturer platform certification(s) or programming and design experience for Avigilon Control Center, Lenel OnGuard, Genetec Security Center, Milestone Xprotect Corporate or Enterprise, or S2 Security
- Manufacturer certification(s) for 2N, AiPhone, Axis Communications, Hanwha Security, Panasonic Security, Suprema Bioconnect, or Zenitel Stentofon
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to other team members conforming to industry and company best practices and standards
- Maintain certifications through renewal and continuing education requirements
- Independently performs job tasks and responsibilities without technical assistance from others
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
ArchKey Technologies offers an excellent salary and discretionary compensation program comprised of annual bonus with an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401(k) retirement plan, flex spending plan, and educational reimbursement benefits.
For more information about us, please visit www.pecsolutions.com
Please apply online or send resume to:
PEC Solutions, LLC
5960 Main Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55432
PEC Solutions, LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.