Wireless/DAS Systems Specialist
Website ArchKey Technologies
ArchKey Technologies, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America’s largest providers of technology systems. ArchKey Technologies is a new brand name rooted with nearly a century of experience and history. Comprised of the technologies’ capabilities and team members from ArchKey Solutions’ platform companies – Sachs Electric, Parsons Electric, Sprig Electric and Mona Electric. Based in Plymouth, MN, ArchKey Technologies MN scales to new heights, delivering audio visual, security, public safety, network and wireless solutions all across the U.S.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed without our organization.
The culture at ArchKey Technologies is built around empowerment and our shared core values – Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say – and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there’s always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with ArchKey Technologies begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our cultures.
Join a team that’s breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
Responsible to perform systems design, pre-planning, programming, commissioning and training. This position provides technical support, research and development and a number of other activities related to problem-resolution and client satisfaction of systems, in alignment with all Company policies, procedures, key objectives and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs audio visual, wireless or security systems to meet customer needs according to best industry practices and Company guidelines while complying with all applicable building codes and legal requirements.
- Determines material quantities in the amounts needed to complete projects according to bid specifications.
- Develops and creates systems documentation, including pre-sale system drawings, system installation drawings and other system documentation.
- Plans, coordinates and performs programming of systems and other integrated components to meet customer and system operational needs.
- Ensures all assigned systems are being installed, programmed, tested, and commissioned according to current industry and company standards.
- Creates systems testing and commissioning reports. Thoroughly tests and commissions system components to ensure optimal system performance.
- Performs change orders and system-related measures following Company standards and industry best practices.
- Maintains licensing and certifications through renewal and continuing education requirements. Develops and facilitates effective owner-training sessions.
- Provides frequent communication, troubleshooting and problem-resolution consulting with systems issues. Provides remote assistance to customers as required.
- Collaborates with other systems specialists during the installation of integrated systems.
- Creates and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors, project managers, office and field staff and others that reflect and support the Company’s core values and meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Accurately and confidentially maintains Company records and other sensitive business and customer data.
- Provides technical assistance, mentoring, coaching and training to co-workers and other employees as needed, in compliance with all industry and Company best practices and standards.
- Implements LEAN concepts and methodologies for continuous improvement of systems processes and activities. Educates others on LEAN approaches.
- Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
- Supports the mission, vision and values of the Company and works creatively to best support the Company’s long-term goals. Champions and models the Company culture at all times.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Follows all guidelines, policies and procedures established by the Company.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
See differentiator requirements grid for specialty qualification details.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience in computer science or a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with the design and implementation of installed systems, including programming, scheduling and commissioning experience.
- Experience with and strong understanding of data networking.
- Extensive project management training and skills. Thorough understanding of the project life cycle.
- In-depth experience with LEAN methodologies and applications. Strong process orientation.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for expanding knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a dynamic technology office while directly contributing to the success of others.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking skills and detail orientation.
- Strong leadership, customer focus and decision-making skills.
- Solid financial, analytical and mathematical skills.
- Professional and effective independent problem solving, time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated high level of diplomacy, integrity and dependability.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation, teamwork, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills. Strong telephone communication skills and superior documentation skills.
- Ability to independently and effectively perform job duties, manage workflow and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
- iBwave Design skills.
- Test Equipment Certification/Knowledge with Anritsu or Kaelus.
- Test Equipment Certification/Knowledge with TEMS or equivalent.
- Spectrum or Network Analyzer Certification/Knowledge.
- Manufacturer Certifications for Corning, CommScope, ADRF, Comba or JMA.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in computer science or a related field.
- CCNA or CompTIA Network+ Certification.
- BICSI Certification.
- LEAN Certification.
PEC Solutions LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.