Associate Project Manager
Website ArchKey Technologies
ArchKey Technologies, an ArchKey Solutions Company, is one of North America’s largest providers of technology systems. ArchKey Technologies is a new brand name rooted with nearly a century of experience and history. Comprised of the technologies’ capabilities and team members from ArchKey Solutions’ platform companies – Sachs Electric, Parsons Electric, Sprig Electric and Mona Electric. Based in Plymouth, MN, ArchKey Technologies MN scales to new heights, delivering audio visual, security, public safety, network and wireless solutions all across the U.S.
When you work with an ArchKey Solutions platform company, the future is yours to create. With an average employee tenure over nine years, we are committed to developing your talents and finding the best place for you to succeed with our organization.
The culture at ArchKey Technologies is built around empowerment and our shared core values – Problem Solvers, Responsive to Customers, Optimize Teamwork, Uncompromising Integrity, and Do What You Say – and embodies the attitudes we use to create an inclusive work environment. Our inclusive workplaces extend beyond the traditional to also celebrate diverse ways of thinking. As problem solvers, we believe there’s always room for growth and evolution and that what makes us different provides unique perspectives that can also make us better.
No matter where your journey with ArchKey Technologies begins, we look forward to seeing what impact you can make on us to improve, reshape and enhance our cultures.
Join a team that’s breaking ground both in the office and in the field.
Responsible to coordinate field staff and assist project manager in managing all construction processes in order to ensure project quality, schedule, cost control, safety and customer satisfaction objectives are met or exceeded. May manage small projects with close supervision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Learns from and assists Project Manager in pushing projects forward despite obstacles for on-time and on-budget completion.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, foremen, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support the Company’s core values and meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
- Learns from and assists Project Manager in all aspects of project planning and execution.
- Reviews plans and specifications to understand project scope and milestones. Prepares drawings and sketches, change orders, estimates, RFIs, material and labor cost codes, etc. to support construction project work.
- Works with vendors and distributors on availability and pricing of materials, completion of quotes and other necessary procedure details.
- Coordinates preconstruction activities as needed, such as construction planning and design, interpretation of design and drawings, projections, preparation of takeoffs, application of construction methods and bid packages. Researches and recommends resolutions to drawing interpretation and other problems, conflicts and errors discovered. Maintains accurate documentation of all plans.
- Assists with procurement, including quantity takeoffs and pricing for purchase orders, sub-contracts and potential changes in scope of work. Ensures all plans are maintained in the appropriate systems.
- Conducts jobsite inspections of first work in place to assure accurate placement and conformance with the contract documents and the Company’s project quality assurance standards.
- Assists Project Manager with budget tracking, customer billing, labor estimates, scheduling, job cost reviews, purchase orders, project status reports, and tracking of inspections, testing and reporting. Participates in project status meetings and assists in developing meeting minutes for distribution.
- Provides ongoing quality reviews and project communication with owners, contractors, designers, subcontractors, engineers, architects, field staff and other customers or stakeholders, addressing and resolving issues when needed.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience in project management, business administration, construction management or a related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years of construction and/or project experience.
- Demonstrates drive to increase knowledge of:
- Construction methods and materials.
- Costing, scheduling, and estimating.
- General industry safety standards, procedures, and regulations.
- Computerized estimating systems.
- Skills to read, interpret and understand electrical contracts, plans, drawings, blueprints and specifications.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and tenacity to master knowledge and skills of entire project management process with the eventual goal of becoming a PM.
- Demonstrates detail orientation, listening skills, and strong oral and written communication to effectively relay necessary information from jobsite to other team members.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
PEC Solutions LLC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is an important aspect of our culture.
Every person is welcomed Every person is included Every person is valued