Network Infrastructure Estimator (Plymouth)
Website ArchKey Technologies
About the company
ArchKey Solutions is a Top 10 National Electrical Contracting company. Our teams work on large, sophisticated projects across the United States. When you work with ArchKey or any of our regional divisions, you join an expansive network of resources, experts, and innovators. More than a bright future, ArchKey Solutions offers positions with a stellar today. We are a lifestyle employer, providing flexibility, great pay, and strong benefits allowing you to live your best life at and away from work.
About the position
Assists Preconstruction and Project Management teams with preconstruction services which include the preparation of estimates, proposal and bid reviews, document reviews, cost value analysis, cost and systems reviews, analysis and comparisons, historical evaluations, and bid processes, in alignment with all Company policies, procedures, key objectives and regulations.
Day in the life
- Plans and monitors the estimating activities of each project for quality and accuracy of work. This includes collecting quotes from subcontractors, performing estimates, scheduling tasks, and achieving goals and standards.
- Reviews all bid documents and work with the project manager and chief estimator to determine the general expenses, labor rates, and other costs associated with each project. Utilizes estimating software to properly estimate projects.
- Surveys job sites as needed for the scope of work and to determine the most cost-effective and efficient plan possible.
- Composes estimate documents in an accurate, complete, and professional manner. Assists in the interview procurement process, proposal writing for RFPs, bids, and related reports.
- Ensures all estimates and RFPs are fulfilled to the customer’s and the Company’s conditions for satisfaction.
- Works with the purchasing department to reduce the risk of material buyout. Works with the design department on design-build and design-assist projects to assure an accurate and constructible project. Provides coaching, mentoring, and training to co-workers as needed.
- Utilizes LEAN concepts or other continuous improvement methodologies to ensure the most efficient operations, processes, and activities.
- 3+ years of experience estimating for network infrastructure, communications, and voice/data projects.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience in construction management or a related field.
- Skills to read, interpret and understand electrical contracts, plans, drawings, blueprints, and specifications. Must have a solid knowledge of electrical codes and a thorough working knowledge of local building department requirements.
- Basic training, experience, and skills in project management. Understanding of the project life cycle.
- Training and work experience with LEAN methodologies and/or similar applications. Strong process orientation.
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, conceptual estimating, and critical thinking skills.
ArchKey Solutions is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer: M/W/Vets/Disabilities.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is an important aspect of our culture.
Every person is welcomed ● Every person is included ● Every person is valued